The Address Parse Component is an SSIS Data Flow Component for parsing, correcting and standardizing Addresses in the United States. With an optional purchase of the latest USPS reference database containing more than 120 million addresses, you can verify your addresses and avoid costly errors. The following output columns are generated from successfully parsed address:
- Standardized - The postal address in standard format
- Type - Type of address (Street, Suite, PO Box, RR, HC, Highrise apartment, General Delivery, Military, Unknown)
- Leading - Information before address
- Street - Street name
- Number - Street / P.O. Box number
- Suite - Suite
- City - City
- State - US State
- Zip - 5 digit Zip code
- Barcode 1.4 SR-3 - 12 digit delivery point barcode. A purchase of the USPS Address Reference database is required.
- Predirection 1.5 SR-4 - Pre-direction (E, N, NE, NW, S, SE, SW, W, blank)
- Suffix 1.5 SR-4 - Suffix (Ave, Blvd, Ct, Dr, Hwy, Jct, Ln, Pky, Pl, Rd, St, Way, ... blank) (complete list)
- Postdirection 1.5 SR-4 - Post-direction (N, NE, NW, S, SE, SW, blank)
Use General page to specify parsed address quality, verification in the reference database and how to handle rows that cannot be parsed.
Low quality addresses are permitted.
Only high quality addresses are permitted.
Indicate that the address should be checked in the reference database. An address which cannot be uniquely identified is returned as non-parseable. This parameter is enabled when you purchase the optional USPS reference database.
Indicate that the address and city elements are explicitly separated by a newline character (\r\n).
Select an option for handling rows with non-parseable addresses.
When you select Redirect rows to no parse output, the rows are redirected to a “no parse output” and are not handled as errors. The Error option on the Error Output page of the Address Parse Editor dialog box is not available.
When you select any other option in the Specify how to handle non-parseable addresses list box, the rows that are non-parseable are handled as errors. The Error option on the Error Output page is available.
Use the Mapping page to select the column containing the address to process.
Use the Error Output page to specify error handling options.
Diagnostic Information 1.4 SR-3
When this component is used with the USPS reference database, it can provide additional diagnostic information when the address is not found. The information is provided in the standard error output's error code column. See the codes and descriptions listed in the following table.
|100||No information available.|
|101||Address is invalid.|
|102||Address is incomplete.|
|103||Street not found.|
|104||Number is invalid.|
|105||Unable to load streets list.|
|106||Multiple address matches.|
- Fixed: Component did not return correct Standardized PO Box address when "Check address in reference database" parameter was used (Thank you, Donald).
- New: Component now provides street pre-direction, suffix and post-direction.
- Fixed: Component is now multithread-safe.
- New: A new parameter 'Address and city separated by newline'. The new parameter permits explicit separation of address and city elements (Thank you, Richard).
- Fixed: Component was not providing address leading data, when check in reference database option was used.
- New: Component can now provide 12 digit delivery point barcode. A purchase of USPS Address Reference database is required.
- New: Component can now provide additional diagnostics when address not found in USPS reference database.
- New: Introduced component.
Ready to give it a try?
COZYROC SSIS+ Components Suite is free for testing in your development environment.