The DB2 Destination Component is an SSIS Data Flow Component, which is used to connect to a DB2 database and performs a bulk load of data into DB2 database tables. It is much faster than standard loading using OLE DB Destination. The configuration parameters are provided in the standard data flow destination component dialog. The component requires installation of the IBM Data Server Runtime Client.
To test the performance of the DB2 Destination component against the standard OLEDB Destination, see this package. You must create a TEST_TABLE table with the following columns:
- COL1 INTEGER
- COL2 TIMESTAMP
- COL3 DOUBLE
- COL4 VARCHAR2 (250)
- COL5 VARCHAR2 (250)
- COL6 DECIMAL (5, 2)
The NumberOfRows variable controls the number of rows inserted.
Use the parameters below to configure the component.
Select an existing ADO.NET IBM DB2 .NET Data Provider connection manager, or click <New connection...> to create a new connection manager.
Related Topics: ADO.NET Connection Manager
Specify the destination database table where the data is to be loaded.
- Where can I find the documentation for the DB2 Destination?
- DB2 Destination: How to modify a DB2 destination table dynamically at runtime
- New: Component is no longer dependent on specific version of IBM DB2 .NET Data Provider.
- Fixed: Component was not able to process properly columns with NULL values in specific situations (Thank you, David).
- Fixed: Component inserted one extra rogue record (Thank you, Senthil).
- Component failed with SQL dump in specific situations.
- Fixed: Component hanged when used multiple times during package execution.
- New: Included validation when numeric column is not large enough to accommodate input column.
- Fixed: Validation was incorrect.
- New: Introduced component.