The Dynamics AX Destination Component is an SSIS Data Flow Component for loading data into a Microsoft Dynamics AX table. The configuration parameters are provided in the standard Data Flow Component dialogs.
In this section we will show you how to set up a Dynamics AX Destination component.
- Before you begin, configure a Dynamics AX connection manager. You must have the Dynamics AX .NET Business Connector installed for the connection manager to work.
- Drag the Data Flow Task from the SSIS Toolbox to the Control Flow canvas.
- Click the Data Flow tab to go to the Data Flow canvas.
- Configure a source component that will provide the data to be written to Dynamics AX.
- In the SSIS Toolbox, locate the Dynamics AX Destination component and drag it onto the Data Flow canvas.
- Connect the blue arrow from the source component or the data flow transformation that you want to immediately precede the Dynamics AX Destination component.
- Double-click on the component on the canvas to open the component dialog.
Use the parameters below to configure the component.
Select an existing Dynamics AX connection manager.
Related Topics: Dynamics AX Connection Manager
Select the destination table action. This parameter has the options listed in the following table.
Action Description Create Create a new record in the destination table. Update Update an existing record in the destination table. The appropriate table record identifier must be specified for the update to work. Delete Delete an existing record from the destination table. The appropriate table record identifier must be specified for the delete to work.After changing the action, you must use the Refresh command in the 'Column Mappings' tab to reload the destination list metadata.
Specify the destination Dynamics AX table where the data is to be loaded.
Specify how to handle rows with errors.
- Where can I find the documentation for the Dynamics AX Destination?
- Dynamics AX Destination: How to modify the Dynamics AX destination table dynamically at runtime
- Fixed: Component failed to create records in non-derived tables.
- New: Support for Dynamics AX 2012 derived tables (Thank you, Tom).
- Fixed: Component failed with error "Cannot call NEXT, update(), or delete() on buffer where data is selected or inserted in another transaction scope" when updating certain tables (Thank you, David).
- Fixed: Component failed with error "The supplied method arguments are not valid." when trying to process input data containing the percent (%) symbol (Thank you, Fabio).
- New: Support for Dynamics AX 4.0 version (Thank you, Taylor).
- Fixed: Component failed to update string fields containing quote (') character.
- New: Component can now update array fields.
- New: Component now utilizes optimized bulk-data insert.
- New: Introduced component.