Dynamics CRM Connection Manager is SSIS Connection Manager for establishing connection to an on premise or in-the-cloud Dynamics CRM server.
- Well documented API for use by user-defined scripts.
- Independent from the hard-coded Microsoft Dynamics CRM SDK.
In this section we will show you how to set up a Dynamics CRM Connection Manager to access an on-premise installation of Dynamics CRM. The same method can be used to set up a connection manager for Dynamics CRM in the cloud.
- Once the connection manager dialog opens, select your Edition from the drop-down list (CRM 2011+, CRM 4.0 or CRM 3.0).
- Select your type of Deployment from the drop-down list (Premise, Live, or Hosted).
- Enter the URL or IP address for the Server.
- Enter your User Name.
- Enter your Password.
- Choose your Organization.
- Click on Test Connection.
Use the Server page of the Dynamics CRM Connection Manager dialog to specify properties for connecting to Dynamics CRM service.
- Test Connection
- Confirm connection manager configuration by clicking Test Connection.
Specify edition. This property has the options listed in the following table.
Value Description CRM 2011 Connect to CRM 2011 and above web services. Requires .NET 3.0 and up. CRM 4.0 Connect to CRM 4.0 web services. CRM 3.0 Connect to Dynamics CRM 3.0.
Specify deployment type. This property has the options listed in the following table for CRM 2011 edition.
Value Description Office 365 Connect to Office 365 deployed Dynamics CRM. Premise Connect to on premise Dynamics CRM. Live Connect to Dynamics CRM Live service.
This property has the options listed in the following table for CRM 4.0 edition.
Value Description Premise Connect to on-premise Dynamics CRM server. Live Connect to Dynamics CRM Live service. Hosted Connect to hosted Dynamics CRM.
Specify the name or IP address of the Dynamics CRM service. Microsoft-hosted Dynamics CRM uses different address for different regions. The addresses for each region and web service type are listed in the following tables.
Office 365 CRM 2011
Value Description disco.crm.dynamics.com North America (default) disco.crm4.dynamics.com EMEA disco.crm5.dynamics.com APAC
Live CRM 2011
Value Description dev.crm.dynamics.com North America (default) dev.crm4.dynamics.com EMEA dev.crm5.dynamics.com APAC
Live CRM 4.0
Value Description crm.dynamics.com North America (default) crm4.dynamics.com EMEA crm5.dynamics.com APAC
Specify user name to access Dynamics CRM.
Specify password to access Dynamics CRM.
Select organization name.Not available in CRM 3.0
Specify the number of seconds before timing out session connect. The default value of this property is 100 seconds.
Specify if all clients should use the same connection. This property has the options listed in the following table.
Value Description True All clients use same connection (default). False Every client use different connection.
Specify caller identifier for user impersonation.
Use the Proxy page of the Dynamics CRM Connection Manager dialog to specify properties if your server is behind firewall.
Specify the name or IP address of the proxy server. If not specified, proxy server is not used.
Specify the port number on the proxy server to use for the connection.
Specify user name to access the proxy server.
Specify password to access the proxy server.
- Where can I find the documentation for the Dynamics CRM Connection?
- When Dynamics CRM is setup in IFD (Internet Facing Deployment) authentication mode I get error: "The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. (System.Web.Services)".
- When Dynamics CRM is setup with Ping Identity authentication system I get error: "An error occurred when verifying security for the message".
- Error Message: Delegate token node not found.
- How to trace HTTP(S) and REST API using Fiddler
- New: Support for Multi-Select Picklist attributes.
- New: Setup a more appropriate DT_DBDATE column data type for attributes with DateTimeFormat.DateOnly setting.
- New: Setup includes the unique name of the selected organization.
- New: Access Control Service (ACS) is no longer used to connect to Dynamics 365/CRM Online.
- Fixed: Type attributes for Customer fields were not handled correctly (Thank you, Siraj).
- Fixed: Failed with error "http://:80 end point not found" when trying to connect to Dynamics CRM 2015 Update 1 and above.
- Fixed: Failed with error "ID3242: The security token could not be authenticated or authorized." when processing for more than 8 hours (Thank you, Tamanna).
- Fixed: Failed with error "Security Support Provider Interface (SSPI) authentication failed." when trying to connect to CRM 2011 on premise server using Windows authentication.
- New: A new CallerId parameter for setting user impersonation.
- New: Support for CRM 2011 web services ActiveDirectory authentication.
- New: Support for Office 365 deployed systems with Federated (delegated) security.
- New: Support for CRM 2011 web services.
- Fixed: Not able to connect to hosted CRM service (Thank you, Joao).
- New: Support for CRM Live deployment in EMEA and Asia.
- Introduced connection.
Ready to give it a try?
COZYROC SSIS+ Components Suite is free for testing in your development environment.