Use the Server page of the Exchange Connection Manager dialog to specify parameters for connecting to Exchange mail service.
- Test Connection
- Confirm connection manager configuration by clicking Test Connection.
Specify to auto-discover host address from specified user name. This parameter has the options listed in the following table.
Value Description True Auto-discover host address (default). False Host address has to be explicitly specified.
Specify the name or IP address of the Exchange server.
Specify user name to access Exchange.
Specify password to access Exchange.
Specify entry Exchange mailbox. To specify sub-mailbox use backslash (\). Starting from 1.6 SR-4, the connection manager can connect to another user mailbox by specifying the email address of the user before the initial backslash.
Specify the number of seconds before timing out session connect. The default value of this parameter is 100 seconds.
Specify if all clients should use the same connection. This parameter has the options listed in the following table.
Value Description True All clients use same connection (default). False Every client use different connection.
Specify the email address of the user to impersonate.Not visible in the connection manager user interface.
For online Exchange service, you must specify the connection token. The token storage can be file or SQL Server database. For SQL Server only an ADO.NET connection is supported. Database storage is introduced in version 2.1. An existing token can be selected from a file or a database storage. If a token doesn't exist, you must create a new token.
File/Id parameter displays the selected token file when existing token file is selected or a new token file is created. A file name can be manually entered. The parameter displays the selected database host name/IP and token id when a database token is selected or a new token is saved in a database.
In the parameter dropdown menu there are options to create a new token, browse for a token file and select a token from database. In the new token dialog the storage type can be selected - file or database.
Password specifies the token decryption password.
Use the Proxy page of the Exchange Connection Manager dialog to specify properties if your server is behind firewall.
Specify the name or IP address of the proxy server. If not specified, proxy server is not used.
Specify the port number on the proxy server to use for the connection.
Specify user name to access the proxy server.
Specify password to access the proxy server.
- Where can I find the documentation for the Exchange Connection?
- How to connect to a Shared Mailbox?
- How to trace HTTP(S) and REST API using Fiddler
- Error Message: The connection type "xxxx" specified for connection manager "xxxx" is not recognized as a valid connection manager type. This error is returned when an attempt is made to create a connection manager for an unknown connection type. Check the spelling in the connection type name.
- New: Implemented to create OAuth2 version 2.0 access tokens for Exchange Online.
- New: Support for Exchange Online token-based authentication.
- Fixed: Unable to set Mailbox parameter with expression (Thank you, Carl).
- New: Enabled support for TLS 1.1 and 1.2 protocols.
- New: A new parameter ImpersonatedUser.
- New: Support for opening of another user mailbox with delegated access.
- Fixed: Failed with error "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: uniqueId" when retrieving list of email (Thank you, Carsten).
- New: Introduced connection.