LDAP Connection Manager is SSIS Connection Manager for establishing LDAP / Active Directory connections. Use the API to build components based on LDAP Connection Manager.
In this section we will show you how to set up an LDAP Connection Manager to access your LDAP Server.
Use the Server page of the LDAP Connection Manager dialog to specify properties for connecting to LDAP service.
- Test Connection
- Confirm connection manager configuration by clicking Test Connection.
Specify the name or IP address of the LDAP server.
Specify the port number on the LDAP server to use for the connection. The default value of this property is 389.
Specify user name to access LDAP.
Specify password to access LDAP.
Specify the number of seconds before timing out session connect. The default value of this property is 100 seconds.
Specify if all clients should use the same connection. This property has the options listed in the following table.
Value Description True All clients use same connection (default). False Every client use different connection.
Use the Advanced page of the LDAP Connection Manager dialog to to specify additional properties if your server configuration is different from the default.
Specify authentication type. This parameter has the options listed in the following table.
Value Description Anonymous Indicates that the connection should be made without passing credentials. Basic Indicates that basic authentication should be used on the connection. Digest Indicates that the Digest Access Authentication should be used on the connection. Dpa Indicates that Distributed Password Authentication (DPA) should be used on the connection. External Indicates an external method will be used to authenticate the connection. Kerberos Indicates that Kerberos authentication should be used on the connection. Msn Indicates that it is authenticated by “Microsoft Network Authentication Service”. Negotiate Indicates that Microsoft Negotiate authentication should be used on the connection. This is the default option. Ntlm Indicates that Windows NT Challenge/Response (NTLM) authentication should be used on the connection. Sicily Indicates a negotiation mechanism (Sicily) will be used to choose MSN, DPA or NTLM. This should be used for LDAPv2 servers only.
- Where can I find the documentation for the LDAP Connection?
- Error Message: The connection type "xxxx" specified for connection manager "xxxx" is not recognized as a valid connection manager type. This error is returned when an attempt is made to create a connection manager for an unknown connection type. Check the spelling in the connection type name.
- New: Attributes from auxiliary classes (sAMAccountName, etc) are now included.
- New: Enhancements for compatibility with LDAP servers hosted on Linux.
- New: Introduced connection.