The SSIS+ 1.3 library contains license verification code. When running an SSIS project containing COZYROC SSIS+ components under Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS), the license verification code is not active. You can test and develop with the SSIS+ components for as long as needed without a license to determine if the components are suitable for your needs. When you run the SSIS package from the command line with DTEXEC or the SQL Job Agent, the license verification code is activated. If a valid license is not found, the package execution will fail the first time it tries to use an SSIS+ library component.
License Deployment Process
Server with Internet access
Server without Internet access
30-days trial key
License key transfer
How do I obtain my SSIS+ license key?
The instructions below are for SSIS+ 1.3 SR-4 and newer. The license key deployment process has been simplified. Make sure you download and install the latest version.
The SSIS+ library must be licensed on every production server. The library installation contains the license key deployment application. The application is located in the Start menu:
Start -> All Programs -> CozyRoc SSIS+ -> License
IMPORTANT: The application must be run on your target production server, where the SSIS+ library is installed.
Make sure you execute the License application in administrative mode (Run As ...). When you run the License application, it will show your machine identifier and two different options for requesting your license key, as follows:
- Licensee - depending on what type of purchase you made, provide one of the following:
- Subscription Number - if you purchased an SSIS+ Ultimate Subscription.
- Receipt Number - if you purchased an SSIS+ Perpetual License.
- Custom licensee identifier - provided by the COZYROC staff.
- Email and Payment - use the email you used to make the purchase and the amount you paid.
After you enter the licensee, press the button on the right to request your license key. If the license key is deployed successfully the application will change accordingly, showing the licensed version and expiration date (if you purchased the Utlimate Subscription). If there are issues, the application will show errors on the bottom.
If your target server is running behind a Firewall or cannot access the COZYROC License Server for some other reason, then follow the instructions described in the section entitled My server sits behind a firewall and I'm unable to contact the COZYROC license server. How can I get my license key?
Registry keys used by the COZYROC SSIS+ library
|Version||Registry keys (READ only)|
SQL Server registry keys used by the COZYROC SSIS+ library
|Version||Registry keys (READ only)|
|2005||32||HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\90\ProductID|
|64||HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\90\ProductID|
|2008||32||HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Setup|
|64||HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Setup|
|2012||32||HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\Setup|
|64||HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\Setup|
|2014||32||HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\120\DTS\Setup|
|64||HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\120\DTS\Setup|
|2016||32||HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\130\DTS\Setup|
|64||HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\130\DTS\Setup|
Ultimate Subscription Renewals – How to Prepare
The SSIS+ Ultimate Subscription has time-limited license keys. After the expiration period has passed, the library will try to automatically contact the COZYROC License Server and retrieve the license key for the next subscription period. No action is required on your part to renew your license if your server has access to the COZYROC License Server at http://www.cozyroc.com and your subscription fee has been paid for the next year. If you would like to take precautionary measures to ensure your service is not interrupted, take the following steps:
- Verify that your SSIS server and the SQL Job Agent have permission to communicate on port 80 with the COZYROC License Server at: http://www.cozyroc.com
- Execute an SSIS package under the SQL Job Agent to test its ability to communicate with the License Server. To accomplish this, follow these steps:
- Go to the COZYROC registry key.
- There is a DWORD value called ContactLicenseServer. Set this special flag temporarily to 1, to always contact the COZYROC License Server when executing SSIS packages
- Run one of your production SSIS packages under the SQL Job Agent manually. After it finishes executing, inspect your SQL Job Agent execution log. If you don't see errors or warnings, then everything is fine and your subscription renewal should complete successfully.
- Go to the registry and reset the ContactLicenseServer value to back to 0.
If your production server is running behind a Firewall or cannot access the COZYROC License Server for some other reason, then follow the instructions described in the section entitled My server sits behind a firewall and I'm unable to contact the COZYROC license server. How can I get my license key?
Can I request a testing license for my production machine?
Yes. To request a trial license key, enter "TRIAL" in the Licensee input box in the License application.
How many licenses do I need to purchase for a SQL Server running in a cluster configuration?
It depends. For a 2-node cluster, running in the Active/Active configuration, two (2) production licenses are required. If your cluster node is running in the Active/Passive configuration, only one (1) license is required.
I get the error ‘Unable to retrieve digital product id’ when I try to open the Cozyroc License Application
Make sure the SQL Server registry key is present. If it is not present, your SQL Server is not properly licensed or installed. To resolve this error, correct your SQL Server installation or get a valid SQL Server license.
When executing an SSIS package from the command line, it works properly. However, when I run the same package from the SQL Job Agent, it fails.
Make sure your SQL Job Agent user account has the following permissions:
- COZYROC SSIS+ installation folder (READ and WRITE).
- Windows temp folder (READ and WRITE). The default location is here: C:\Windows\TEMP
- Permission to access COZYROC registry key.
- Permission to access SQL Server registry key.
My server sits behind a firewall and I'm unable to contact the COZYROC license server. How can I get my license key?
Use the license request page to get your license key. After you download the license key file (License.dat), deploy it using the License application (1.4). If you are an SSIS+ 1.3 user, you must manually deploy it in the SSIS+ installation folder.
- For 32bit, the default installation folder:
- For 64bit, the default installation folder:
\\Program Files (x86)\CozyRoc\SSIS