Salesforce Connection Manager is SSIS Connection Manager for establishing Salesforce connections. Use the API to build components based on Salesforce Connection Manager.
In this section we will show you how to set up a Salesforce Connection Manager to access your Salesforce service.
Use the Server page of the Salesforce Connection Manager dialog to specify properties for connecting to Salesforce service.
- Test Connection
- Confirm connection manager configuration by clicking Test Connection.
Specify user name in email-like format.
Specify password to access Salesforce service.
Specify the number of seconds before timing out session connect. The default value of this property is 60 seconds.
Specify if all clients should use the same connection. This property has the options listed in the following table.
Value Description True All clients use same connection (default). False Every client use different connection.This parameter is not visible in the connection manager dialog.
Advanced (1.4 SR-1)
Use the Advanced page of the Salesforce Connection Manager dialog to to specify additional properties for your connection to the Salesforce service.
Specify Salesforce service URL. This property should be explicitly specified when doing sandbox testing. Sample URLs:
Specify the ID of the organization against which you will authenticate Self-Service users.
Specify the ID of the portal for this organization.
Specify to allow duplicates to be preserved. For further information please check here.
Specify to allow field truncation. For further information please check here.
Specify to roll back all changes unless all records are processed successfully. For further information please check here.
Specify the Salesforce identifier of the assignment rule to be invoked when lead or case is created. For further information please check here.
Proxy (1.4 SR-3)
Use the Proxy page of the Salesforce Connection Manager dialog to specify properties if your server is behind firewall.
Specify the name or IP address of the proxy server. If not specified, proxy server is not used.
Specify the port number on the proxy server to use for the connection.
Specify user name to access the proxy server.
Specify password to access the proxy server.
- Where can I find the documentation for the Salesforce Connection?
- Error Message: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send. (System.Web.Services)
- Error Message: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
- What is the format for entering the password and security token in a Salesforce Connection Manager?
- I get the following error when trying to connect: "UNSUPPORTED_CLIENT: TLS 1.0 has been disabled in this organization. Please use TLS 1.1 or higher when connecting to Salesforce using https"
- New: Updated web service proxy to version 45.
- New: Updated web service proxy to version 42.
- New: Updated web service proxy to version 41.
- New: Updated web service proxy to version 37.
- New: Updated web service proxy to version 36.
- New: Enabled support for TLS 1.1 and 1.2 protocols.
- New: Updated web service proxy to version 30.
- New: A new parameter OrganizationId.
- New: A new parameter PortalId.
- New: Updated web service proxy to version 26.
- New: Updated web service proxy to version 23.
- New: Updated web service proxy to version 19.
- New: Included support for proxy server.
- New: A new parameter ServerUrl to specify service URL. This is useful for sandbox testing (Thank you, Frank).
- New: Introduced connection.
Ready to give it a try?
COZYROC SSIS+ Components Suite is free for testing in your development environment.