The Salesforce Destination Component is an SSIS Data Flow Component for loading data into a Salesforce object. The configuration parameters are provided in the standard data flow destination component dialog.
Use the parameters below to set up the component.
Select an existing Salesforce connection manager.
Related Topics: Salesforce Connection Manager
- Action (1.4 SR-2)
Select a destination object action. This parameter has the options listed in the following table.
Action Description Create Create a new record in the destination object. Update Update an existing record in the destination object. You must specify the appropriate object record identifier for the update to work. Delete Delete an existing record from the destination object. You must specify the appropriate object record identifier for the delete to work. Upsert (1.4 SR-3) Update and insert a record in the destination object. Selecting this value displays the dynamic parameter ExternalId.
Note: After changing the action, you must use the Refresh command in the 'Column Mappings' tab to reload the destination object metadata.
Specify the number of rows to be sent as a batch. The maximum for regular mode is 200. The maximum for bulk-load mode is 10,000.
Specify the destination Salesforce object where the data is to be loaded.
- ExternalId (1.4 SR-3)
Specify the field for the external identifiers used in the upsert action.
- Mode (1.6)
Select the destination object processing mode. This parameter has the options listed in the following table.
Value Description Regular Process the data in regular mode. BulkData Process the data in bulk-load data mode. BulkBinary Process the data in bulk-load binary mode.
- JobIdVariable (1.6 SR-1)
Select variable to store bulk-load job identifier. Optional.
- ErrorRowDisposition (Salesforce Destination Input)
Specify how to handle rows with errors.
- Id (Salesforce Destination Error Output) (1.4 SR-4)
Contains the unique identifier of the added, updated or deleted record.
- RelationshipName (Salesforce Destination Input -> External Column) (1.5 SR-2)
Specify the relationship name for updating the foreign key lookup with an external identifier.
- ReferenceType (Salesforce Destination Input -> External Column) (1.5 SR-2)
Specify the referenced object for updating the foreign key lookup with an external identifier.
- ExternalId (Salesforce Destination Input -> External Column) (1.5 SR-2)
Specify the external identifier field for updating the foreign key lookup with an external identifier.
How to modify a destination object dynamically at runtime?
The destination object is available in the data flow properties list. Follow these steps to set up an expression:
- Right-click on the data flow canvas and select the Properties menu.
- Scroll down and find the property named like [Salesforce Destination].[DestinationObject]. This is the property containing the destination table.
- Scroll down and find the Expressions property. Set up an expression to modify the statement dynamically.
How to find which records contain an error?
The component's Error Output is used for providing both error information and the processed record identifier. Check the ErrorCode column:
|-1||Not an error record.|
|>0||Error record. Check the ErrorDescription column for more details.|
You can set up a standard Conditional Split component to filter non-error records.
How to upload files to Salesforce?
Uploaded files are located in the Attachment object. Use the standard "Import Column" transformation to import file content into the Body field.
- Salesforce Lookup Transformation script - Lookup against Salesforce service.