Source, Destination or Transformation
- When used as source, the component doesn't have any inputs
- When used as destination, the component doesn't have any outputs
- When used as transformation, the component can have one or more inputs and one or more outputs
- Can define more than one input
- Can define error outputs
- Supports columns with the same names in an input and its synchronous output.
Basic features for configuring metadata
The inputs, outputs and their column can be configured in the component Editor or from the script. The Editor supports:
- Creation and deletion of inputs, outputs and their columns.
- Changing the basic properties of the inputs, outputs and columns.
- Selection of input columns (from "Properties" >> "Input Columns").
Advanced features for configuring metadata
Configuring metadata via code
The component metadata can be intliialized and changed in
component.reinitializeMetadata function. It is invoked in several occasions: when the component needs new metadata, when the active tab in the Editor is changed, and when the "OK" button is clicked. Because of the multiple invocations, the code needs to check if the metadata already contains the desired changes (e.g. check if an input is already added and not to try to add it again).
Input columns mappings
The Editor's "Mappings" tab, which allows specifying mappings between virtual and external column, is hidden by default. It can be shown by changing the value of the property ShowMapping (in "Properties" >> "Script") to "True". The external column cannot be created by the Editor, they must be created from the script. If the external columns do not depend on parameters, they should be created in
component.reinitializeMetadata function. Otherwise they should be created in the
Parameterizing metadata changes
component.validate function, the component metadata can be modified, according the specified parameter values.
For example, a transformation script can have a parameter for selecting input virtual columns and after some conversion to output the values in an asynchronous output. Based on user selection, in the
component.validate function the selected columns can be marked as used and to create matching output columns.
The Editor Dialog contains the following tabs:
The Parameters tab displays the parameters, defined in the script, and their current values. For more detailed information about defining and using script parameters see here.
Specifying whether to display the "Mappings" tab
Under the Script category there is ShowMappings property that controls whether the standard Mappings Tab should be visible.
- New: Introduced component.
Ready to give it a try?
COZYROC SSIS+ Components Suite is free for testing in your development environment.