Legacy Amazon S3 Connection
In this section we will show you how to set up an Amazon S3 Connection Manager to access your Amazon S3 service.
Once the connection manager dialog opens, enter a valid endpoint name for your Amazon S3 region for the Host parameter.
**Note:** if you are using SSIS+ v1.8 or older, make sure you are working with a region which supports the Signature Version 2 signing process. **SSIS+ v1.9 is the first release that supports the Signature Version 4 signing process. ** **Note:** Do **not** include the bucket name here.
Enter your Access Key which was provided when you set up the AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) user. To get the value for this parameter, you must set up an IAM user. Once you have entered the information about the user, the IAM service will provide you with the Access Key and the Secret Key.
- Enter your Secret Key which was provided when you set up the IAM user.
- Press Test Connection.
Use the Server page of the Amazon S3 Connection Manager dialog to specify properties for connecting to Amazon S3 service.
- Test Connection
- Confirm connection manager configuration by clicking Test Connection.
Specify the name or IP address of the Amazon S3 service. If the bucket you want to use is located in different from the default US East region, you have to specify different end point. For information of each region end points, check the reference here.
Specify to establish secure HTTPS connection with Amazon S3 service on port 443.
Specify to connect to Amazon S3 service, using regular calling format. Un-check this option when connecting to EU Amazon S3 service.
Specify access key for Amazon S3 service.
Specify secret key for Amazon S3 service.
Specify the number of seconds before timing out session connect. The default value of this property is 100.
Use the Proxy page of the Amazon S3 Connection Manager dialog to specify properties if your server is behind firewall.
Specify the name or IP address of the proxy server.
Specify the port number on the proxy server to use for the connection. The default value of this property is 80.
Specify user name to access the proxy server.
Specify password to access the proxy server.
- Where can I find the documentation for the Amazon S3 Connection?
- Does COZYROC support TLS 1.1 and 1.2 protocols?
- Error Message: The connection type "xxxx" specified for connection manager "xxxx" is not recognized as a valid connection manager type. This error is returned when an attempt is made to create a connection manager for an unknown connection type. Check the spelling in the connection type name.
- Fixed: Failed with error "The request signature we calculated does not match the signature you provided. Check your key and signing method." (Thank you, Will).
- New: Support for Signature 4 protocol.
- New: Support for TLS 1.1 protocol and above.
- New: Introduced connection.