REST Connection Manager is an SSIS Connection Manager for establishing REST connections. Use the API to build components based on the REST Connection Manager. The REST Connection Manager depends on configuration which describes the REST service in use.
Use the Server page of the REST Connection Manager dialog to specify properties for connecting to the REST service.
- Test Connection
- Confirm the connection manager configuration by clicking Test Connection.
Specify the name or IP address of the REST service.
For REST service authorized by a token, you must select the connection token file. If a token file does not exist, you must create a New... token.
Specify the token file decryption password.
Each REST service has specific parameters for establishing successful connections. Press the icon to get more information about the connection parameters.
Specify the number of seconds before timing out the session connection. The default value of this property is 100 seconds.
Specify if all clients should use the same connection. This property has the options listed in the following table.
Value Description True All clients use the same connection (default). False Every client uses a different connection.
Use the Advanced page of the REST Connection Manager dialog to specify additional properties for logging, service requests throttling and optional error retry.
Specify the verbose log file name for investigating REST connection issues.
Specify the number of web services requests per second. The default is 5 requests/second.
Specify the maximum request retry number.
Specify the number of seconds to pause between retries. The default is 30 seconds.
Optional. Specify to retry only if the error message matches the RegEx pattern.
Use the Proxy page of the REST Connection Manager dialog to specify properties if your server is behind firewall.
Specify the name or IP address of the proxy server. If not specified, a proxy server is not used.
Specify the port number on the proxy server to use for the connection.
Specify the user name to access the proxy server.
Specify the password to access the proxy server.
- Where can I find the documentation for the REST Connection?
- How to get a new REST Token
- Where are the custom authentication parameters stored (not token)
- New: Ability to author configurations to arbitrary REST services.
- New: Slight modifications in the RCM configuration format for improved consistency.
- New: Getting Help now opens a more relevant documentation page (depending on the selected configuration and current tab).
- New: Included option to tweak user agent of web browser used in 'New Token' wizard dialog.
- New: Introduced connection.
Ready to give it a try?
COZYROC SSIS+ Components Suite is free for testing in your development environment.