XML Destination Component is SSIS Data Flow Component for generating an XML document and saving it to a file. The component can process unlimited amount of data with capped memory use.
- Component metadata is initialized from a provided sample XML document or from a sample XSD file.
- Depending on the type of XML element, it can be populated from an input column, variable or a fixed value. Array elements are represented with separate inputs (see the composite records pattern).
In this section we will show you how to set up a XML Destination component.
- External columns are automatically generated for all bindable elements. Their DataType, Lenght, Scale, Precison properties can be configured additionally.
In case the desired XML file contains elements with values for which data is not expected to come from upstream components, the source type can be changed to Variable or Constant.
- When clicking on Mapping tab the component would prepare the inputs and external columns by analyzing the provided (or inferred from sample file) XML Schema Definition. Please note that the XML Destination can have multiple inputs (see the article about composite records), which columns you can see. The data in these inputs is usually provided by upstream source or transformation components that support composite outputs (e.g. a Query Transformation can be used to retrieve the necessary data from SQL Server database).
- Click OK to close the component editor. Congratulations! You have successfully configured the XML Destination component.
- Does COZYROC have any SSIS+ component that will either map directly to SQL tables or a stored procedure with named columns and map to a XSD and output the XML?
- New: Support for external XSD references when initializing the document model.
- New: Improved support for namespaces, self-referencing elements, attribute group references and simple type restrictions.
- Fixed: Attributes namespaces.
- Fixed: Incorrect default scale for decimal fields.
- New: Support for data streaming.
- New: Introduced component.