The Tableau Destination Component is an SSIS Data Flow Component for loading data into a Tableau Data Extract (TDE) file. The configuration parameters are provided in the standard data flow destination component dialog.
To use the component, you will need to download the appropriate Data Extract API package. The appropriate package depends on the version of Tableau you’re using and whether your server is a 32bit or 64bit machine. The newer packages from Tableau only support 64bit machines. The current choices are the Tableau SDK for the legacy packages (for both 32bit and 64bit), Tableau Extract API 2.0 (for 64bit), and Tableau Hyper API (for 64bit).
Once you have downloaded the appropriate package for your environment, follow these steps to deploy it:
- Extract the contents of the package into a folder.
- If using the 32bit package, create a sub-folder named TDE in the COZYROC 32bit installation folder. The default installation folder is: C:\Program Files (x86)\COZYROC\SSIS.
- If using one of the 64bit packages, create a sub-folder named TDE64 in the COZYROC 32bit installation folder. The default installation folder is: C:\Program Files (x86)\COZYROC\SSIS.
- Copy the contents of the bin sub-folder that was extracted in step 1 into the TDE or the TDE64 folder.
If you use Tableau Extract API 2.0, please review the installation instructions posted here.
If you use Tableau Hyper API, please review the installation instructions posted here
If you use the Legacy Extract API for 32bit or 64bit, please review the installation instructions posted here
Use the parameters below to configure the component.
Select an existing File connection manager.
Related Topics: File Connection Manager
Select table collation.
- Fixed: Incorrect inclusion of excluded columns in a dynamic data flow.
- New: Component now provides better diagnostic information when required third-party modules are not properly deployed.
- New: Support for newer Tableau SDK modules.
- New: Support for Tableau 10.5 Hyper.
- New: Introduced component.
Ready to give it a try?
COZYROC SSIS+ Components Suite is free for testing in your development environment.