The Tableau Destination Component is an SSIS Data Flow Component for loading data into a Tableau Data Extract (TDE) file. The configuration parameters are provided in the standard data flow destination component dialog.
Starting in Tableau 10.5 to use the component for hyper format files, you will need to download the Tableau Extract API 2.0 package (for 64bit). This newer package from Tableau only support 64bit machines.
Once you have downloaded the package, follow these steps to deploy it:
- Extract the contents of the package into a convenient folder.
- Create a sub-folder named TDE64 in the COZYROC 32bit installation folder. The default installation folder is: C:\Program Files (x86)\COZYROC\SSIS.
- Copy the contents of the bin sub-folder that was extracted in step 1 into the TDE64 folder.
- Next you will need to add another path to your systems environment variable for the variable named PATH with the following value: "C:\Program Files (x86)\CozyRoc\SSIS\TDE64\hyper". This will point to the .exe that were copied with the hyper folder when you copied files over for TDE64 folder.
For more information how to set the system environment variable see this link here.
Use the parameters below to configure the component.
Select an existing File connection manager.
Related Topics: File Connection Manager
Select table collation.
- Where can I find the documentation for the Tableau Destination?
- How to install the Legacy Extract API for .tde files.
- Fixed: Incorrect inclusion of excluded columns in a dynamic data flow.
- New: Component now provides better diagnostic information when required third-party modules are not properly deployed.
- New: Support for newer Tableau SDK modules.
- New: Support for Tableau 10.5 Hyper.
- New: Introduced component.
Ready to give it a try?
COZYROC SSIS+ Components Suite is free for testing in your development environment.