The Teradata Source Component is an SSIS Data Flow Component which connects to a Teradata database and bulk reads data from Teradata database tables. The configuration parameters are provided in the standard data flow source component dialog. The component requires installation of Teradata Tools and Utilities 13.10 and above. Install the following Teradata components:
- Shared ICU libraries for Teradata
- Teradata GSS client
- ODBC Driver for Teradata
- Teradata Parallel Transporter (Teradata PT)
- Teradata Parallel Transporter API
- Teradata PT Load Operator
- Teradata PT Stream Operator
- Teradata PT Update Operator
Teradata Tools and Utilities 13.10 post-installation steps
- Define TPT and TPT64 environment variables, referencing the root Teradata Parallel Transporter folder. The default folder is: \Program Files\Teradata\Client\13.10\Teradata Parallel Transporter
- Make sure the following folders are included in your PATH:
- \Program Files\Teradata\Client\13.10\ODBC Driver for Teradata\Lib\
- \Program Files\Teradata\Client\13.10\Shared ICU Libraries for Teradata\lib\
- \Program Files\Teradata\Client\13.10\Teradata Parallel Transporter\bin
- \Program Files\Teradata\Client\13.10\CLIv2
- \Program Files\Teradata\Client\13.10\Teradata Parallel Transporter\msg
Use the parameters below to configure the component.
Select an existing ODBC connection manager. The ODBC connection manager is only used for connecting with the Teradata Parallel Transporter. The ODBC API is not used for the bulk-load process.
Related Topics: ODBC Connection Manager
Specify the input type. This parameter has the options listed in the following table.
Value Description Table Input type is Teradata table. Selecting this value displays the dynamic parameters Table. Statement Input type is a SQL statement. Selecting this value displays the dynamic parameter Statement.After making this change, use the Refresh command in the 'Column Mappings' tab to reload the source metadata.
Select the source Teradata table.
Specify the SQL statement.
Specifies the block size in bytes used when returning data to the client. The minimum is 256 bytes. The default and maximum are 64330 bytes for Teradata Database V2R6.0 and later.
Indicates whether full security encryption of SQL requests, responses and data is to be used. This parameter has the options listed in the following table.
Value Description True All SQL requests, responses, and data are encrypted. False No encryption occurs. This is the default setting.
Specifies the minimum number of sessions to be used during processing. The default is 1.
Specifies the maximum number of sessions to be used during processing. The default is 4.
Specifies the name of the external file to use for tracing messages.
Specifies the number of hours the Export driver attempts to log on when the maximum number of load and export operations are already running on the Teradata Database. The default value is four (4) hours.
Specifies the number of minutes the Export driver pauses before attempting to log on when the maximum number of load and export operations are already running on the Teradata Database. The default is six (6) minutes.
- Where can I find the documentation for the Teradata Source?
- How to modify the source dynamically at runtime
- After modifying the default Data Types in an ETL source, my modifications are lost the next time I open the Source component
- New: Introduced component.